Payroll Officer-Finance Department – University of Pretoria
Closing date: 05 March 2020
The incumbent will be required to:
- Review, investigate and resolve anomalies identified on payroll transactions;
- Ensure the correctness of tax status and deductions, in accordance with SARS regulations;
- Calculation of salary in arrears, recoupments and deductions;
- Compile monthly reconciliations reports for third party payments;
- Provide assistance to clients (HR and employees) with payroll enquiries such as payslips, IRP5’s, tax and benefit deductions.
- B Com degree with Accounting III;
- Three years working experience in a Payroll division within a large organisation including the following:
- Payroll transactions;
- Tax calculations;
- Audit reports.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Income tax Act, UIF, SDL, BCoEA;
- SARS rules and regulations;
- Pension, provident and group life rules;
- General knowledge of payroll policies, procedures and processes;
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook);
- ERP Systems (ORACLE, Peoplesoft, Unique/Psiber);
- Calculation of income taxes and benefits;
- Payroll transactions & reconciliations;
- Attention to detail and time management;
- Conflict management;
- Stress management;
- Service delivery;
- Problem solving;
- Communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant honours/post graduate qualification;
- Two years’ experience working on PeopleSoft;
- Two years working experience in a higher education environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
ENQUIRIES: Ms H van der Westhuizen, Tel: (012) 420 4028 for application-related enquiries and Ms I Coetzee, Tel: (012) 420 2146 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
How to apply
Click here to apply