Base Oil Planner – Shell
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
- Manage the monthly and annual Base Oil demand and supply planning process, including the key process handshakes and sign-offs from all key stakeholders (Lubricants Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing,, Regional Base Oil team, Refinery team, Product Supply team)
- Maintain Base oil Supply Planning Tool (SPT) with most recent and accurate data and develop robust supply plans for both local and imported BOs as well as 3rd parties
- Determine and periodically review Base Oil stocking parameters (safety stock, cycle stock and re-order points) to manage Base Oil stock and achieve of inventory targets for positive impact of working capital
- Identify any short-medium term risks to Base Oil supply, develop and implement cost effective mitigation actions to address the risks
- Lead root cause analysis for any Base Oil short supply and quality incidents to drive continuous improvement in the overall / end-to-end base oil planning and scheduling processes
- Participate in the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process (Steps 3) to provide input on BO demand/supply imbalances, visibility and cost of short / over supply mitigations
- Participate and contribute proactively in Lubes Operations Forum to collaborate with other function for enhancement of integrated business value
- Support in short-term resolution of supply issues and coordinate effective remedial actions with relevant functional teams
- Support the implementation of cost effective product formulations to optimize (COGS) Cost of Goods Sold (by collaborating with PIM and ensuring security of supply for BO’s required to realise such formulations)Collaborate with regional Base Oil commercial manager to negotiate most favorable Base Oil prices
- Manage monthly Base Oil pricing and provide input in the monthly Product Costing (LPC) process
- Manage the equitable use of Base Oil tanks at Blendcor JV to ensure optimal storage utilization and identify and manage 3rd party storage requirements where necessary
- Manage relevant Base Oil contracts for 3rd party suppliers and storage providers
- Manage all Health Safety Security Environment (HSSE) requirements relating to Base Oil movements and transfers (i.e Shell Marine Business Review requirements)
- Manage annual operating budget
- Manage a complex base oil portfolio with a sizable annual volume
- Support local manufacturing plants
- Manage base oil sourcing from local base oil manufacturing plant, import source locations (Europe, Asia, America) and local 3rd parties
- Diverse stakeholder management (Lubricants Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Contracts & Procurement, Regional Base Oil team, Refinery and Product Supply teams, Joint Venture partners)
- Special Challenges: Accelerated growth ambitions met with supply chain capability constraints. Inconsistent BOMP performance, Geographical disadvantage for imports lead-times, Poor demand forecast accuracy, Complexity of plant Joint Venture operating model.
- B-Com / Bachelors Degree Qualification (Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management)
- Supply chain knowledge/experience > 5years
- Supply chain planning knowledge/experience > 5 years
- Contract management experience advantageous > 5 years
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven ability in running complex analyses
- Track record of solving complex problems
- Experience in building and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholder needs, at different organizational levels
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deliver results under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environments
- GSAP user knowledge essential
- The incumbent will be required to be an agile and independent thinker with own perspectives, demonstrate ability to be decisive even when dealing with incomplete data.
- He/ she should be a great communicator with a customer mindset, should demonstrate a great sense of commerciality at all times to proactively contribute to integrated business value delivery.
- The successful candidate will require a strong business acumen and keen interest not only in developments in supply chain but also in the wider Lubricants business.
- He/ she should also show keen interest and be active in external environment to remain abreast with industry trends and developments and consider these in his/her work.
- The incumbent may be required to undertake or participate in special improvement projects within or outside on own scope of work as necessary to enable supply chain competitive advantage for profitable growth of the lubricants business in South Africa and Europe Russia Africa (ERA) region.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Click here to apply