Business Analyst: Business Intelligence – Sanlam
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, and reporting
• Build and/or contribute to management information system reports and distribute in accurate and timely manner.
• Perform data analysis in support of ad-hoc requests.
• Provide assistance to business during BI implementations.
• Provide input to BI data Quality Assurance initiatives.
• Own, build, and/or contribute to businesses management reports alignment and co-ordination.
Measurement and Reporting
• Developing of dashboards, reports and tools that provide a clear view of operations performance, the identification of gaps and opportunities
• Impact assessment and cost / benefit analysis
• Facilitate and report on benefit tracking
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
• Develop and evaluate performance of solutions, services and initiatives
Business and System Analysis
• Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing solutions and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems and implementing improved procedures
• Ensure solutions adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
• Facilitate client inter actions to establish need/requirement
• Analyse requirements, construct workflow charts and diagrams
• Identify and document business requirements (BRD)
• Manage quality of development life cycle
o Quality of delivery of solution in relation to solution design
o Input into development of test plans / cases
• Assist project managers to implement a solution
• Liaise with users groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs
• Provide implementation and post implementation support
• Provide input into hand-over process to support structures
• Prioritise work according to delivery requirements
• Diploma/Degree or relevant business related tertiary qualification or a recognised Business Intelligence certification
• 5 years relevant experience as a business intelligence/data analyst
• Life and Short Term assurance experience is advantageous
• BI reporting tools experience
• Data modelling experience
• Microsoft SQL, SSRS, SSIS experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform advantageous.
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing tools
• Unified modelling language (UML) tools experience
• Project management experience advantageous
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
• Business process analysis experience advantageous
• Computer literacy – MS Office – well developed skills
• MS Project, MS Visio, Access experience Remain knowledgeable in current BI industry trends, particularly around BI tools and technologies.
• Academic and technical business experience
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
How to apply
Click here to login and apply