Business Intelligence Analyst
Closing date: 11 January 2019
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
Using information and analytics to create value, and to provide management and clients with high-level analytics and MIS. To pull, analyse, interpret and manage data, build data models and create required reporting in order to support the Business Units and to aid decision making
- Prepare and conduct presentations on systems, reports and findings to stakeholders, as and when required.
- Analyse data and communicate information to the clients.
- To analyse data requests to ensure correct data was extracted, check all outputs for accuracy and escalate any issues with stakeholders and follow up to ensure resolution.
- To, if required, use findings from analysis of data to support any proposals made. Using information to provide analysis and insight to enable business owners to make key decisions.
- Produce and automate recurring and Ad-Hoc reports used by the different business areas. Using information to provide analysis and insight to enable business
- To develop, update/maintain ad hoc and recurring reports.
- Ensuring the dependencies and activities in the various areas of BIS are communicated effectively to and respective line management, and persons involved with Projects or activities affected.
- Communicate and collaborate between the various BIS teams, and provide support as required form time to time.
- Investigate the use of new data sources, in terms of accuracy, availability, usage. Follow the process to implement the new data sources.
- Source information and create rules sets to apply into the Retail business, coordinate with stakeholders and ensure sign off on rules.
- Create monthly mart and reports for specific requirements.
- Support internal BIS team members when providing insight to the business.
- Use knowledge and insight in creating models /marts. Reconcile back to source. Incorporate changes in business to the model, continued enhancements
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
B.Com Informatics/Information Systems or B.Sc Degree Comp Science/Information Systems.
Technical and Business skills required (must have SQL programming and presenting skills)
Type of Exposure
- Built and maintained stakeholder relationships
- Completed Reports and Achieved Budgets
- Designed Workforce Planning Solutions
- Developed and Implemented Communications Strategy
- Manage internal process
- Managed Transformation & Innovation Results
- Managed Process Results
- Managed Relationships
- Managed self
Minimum Experience Level
Min 5 years appropriate experience: 5 years Business Intelligence Analyst/Data Analyst/ MIS Analyst
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Data analysis
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Business Reporting Skills
- Relevant Governance controls and regulatory knowledge
- Information Technology concepts
- Object Orientation (Devlopers)
- Usability and GUI techniques
- Risk Management in Banking
- Problem solving skills
- Modelling (ARIS /UML)
- End -to End Innovation Lifecycle Method
- BA Body Of Knowledge
- Functions Specific Policies Procedures and system Knowledge
- Business Analysis Descipline , Techniques and Practices
- Use Of Business Assessment tools:Feasibility studies , business cases…
- Continuous Learning
- Decision Making
- Resolving Conflict
- Building partnerships
- High-Impact Communication
- Quality Orientation
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to apply