Collections Agent – Nedbank
To collect on arrear accounts with regards to defaults on monthly instalments to reduce risk and provisions, in line with Nedbank business strategy.
- Recover funds on overdrawn accounts by collecting excess and balances on overdrawn accounts through contacting the client via telephone, emails, or sms and using predefined collections scripts to recover arrears. Rehabilitate delinquent accounts and reduce bad debt (risk).
- Make a repayment arrangement with a client telephonically that is in line with the Collections procedures.
- Ensure that commitments towards arrears are made and keep to arrangements and normal instalments
- Analyse the client’s account to educate the client on how to manage the account in a way to avoid account incurring an overdrawn balance.
- Instruct the branches to remove blocks and holds on savings accounts. Instruct the branches to effect reversal of honoring fees and unpaid charges as well as erroneous charges and fees on client’s accounts.
- Set criteria with regards to the number of accounts that need to be worked on a daily basis.
- Attend to customer concerns or arrangements (inbound calls) direct the clients’ queries to the relevant department for resolution.
- Compliance or adherence to relevant policies, regulations and legislation.
- Adhere to the collection and escalation procedures by following agreed standards and rules (e-mail, dress-code, telephone, leave, absenteeism polies).
- Adhere to turn around times in terms of reporting to both Management and to Clients
- Min 1- 2 Years’ experience in Debt Collecting a must
- 2 Years’ experience in a Call Centre environment
- 1 Years’ experience in Late Stage Collections would be an advantage
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- NQF Level 5 or Higher in a Financial or Banking related field is advantageous
- Working individually and part of a team to achieve set Targets.
- Negotiation and listening skills, to enable effective arrangements on accounts.
- Communication skills -Communicating internally and externally
- Analysing accounts, on various systems, in order to gather information.
- Completing various administrative duties
- Responding to client queries telephonically
- Capturing data on various systems.
- Accuracy of capturing data and notes, on systems as per telephonic conversations with clients
- Attention to Detail
- Compliance to relevant policies, regulations and legislation
- Time management
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Communication skills
- Compliance Knowledge
- Relevant Nedbank Human Resources policies and practices
How to apply
Click here to login and apply