Coordinator: Residence Facilities – Department of Residence Affairs and Accommodation
Closing Date: 30 March 2020
The successful candidate will be expected to supervise, control and administer the residence facilities and assets entrusted unto him/her.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the accommodation facilities in terms of infrastructure, furniture and equipment, are in a good working order according to UP standards and are compliant to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as fire hazard requirements;
- Provide efficient administrative functions including placement, the arrival of students throughout the year, and job cards;
- Offering excellent client service and communication to students, House Committees, and Heads of Residences;
- Attending to e-mail and telephonic enquiries;
- Offering support and stand in for colleagues in the division when required;
- Attending to enquiries and ad hoc functions as required by the different divisions within a knowledge base of the Department and linked support services;
- Ensuring that the residence facilities offer a positive experience to the students and guests.
- Grade 12;
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and web-applications);
- Valid code EB driver’s license;
- Three years’ experience in:
- A client service environment and handling enquiries;
- Administrative processes, procedures and workflow;
- Two years’ experience in supervising a building as a whole;
- Two years’ knowledge and experience of health and safety in an accommodation environment.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good communication and language skills;
- Excellent client service skills and ethic;
- Ability to manage real-time service levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Available to work after hours.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Certificate in Hospitality Management;
- Certificate in Basic Occupational Health and Safety;
- Experience in a hospitality environment;
- Previous experience at a tertiary institution.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 30 March 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Fiki Nhliziyo Tel: (012) 420 2297 for application-related enquiries, and Ms Vallery Noge, Tel: (012) 420 2745 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 May 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.\
How to apply
Click here to login and apply