Country manager – Luno
Location: Cape Town
Your mission will involve
- Take ownership of the South African growth strategy to continue to drive market leadership & success
- You will define and implement local marketing strategies together with your colleagues from PR, Content and Growth Marketing and build engaged local online and offline communities
- You will recruit and acquire local ambassadors and influencers and implement distribution partnerships with the right brands
- You will gather actionable insights from customer research to improve local product and customer experience together with the related teams
- Develop and maintain strategic, long-term trusting relationships with high-volume clients
- You will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in your markets, in particular financial service providers, merchants and media
The Ideal Lunaut, will have:
- University degree, at least 4 years of relevant work experience and permission to work in South Africa
- Experience in driving and monitoring marketing and operational metrics
- Experience working in an environment that deals with high-net-worth customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial bias towards action combined with the rigor to see things through until completion
- Interest and basic knowledge of cryptocurrencies, in particular, Bitcoin and Ethereum
In the first six Months you will:
- Have formulated local strategies for your market and successfully executed multiple measures with visible impact on user growth
- Have identified key challenges and opportunities in your market and prioritised strategic projects
- Have built strong relationships with a valuable network of key stakeholders in your market
- Manage and develop our VIP program
- Develop new business through partnerships and Luno for business
- Leads Change: Takes control and exercises leadership. Initiates action, gives direction and takes responsibility to ensure delivery of objectives/goals/tasks/projects.
- Critical Thinking: Provides evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicating well in writing and can explain complex technical analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Creative Thinking: Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically. Supports and drives organisational change.
- Plans and Organises: Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Delivers within the agreed time frames.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance.
- Performance and Delivery: Focuses on results and achieving personal work objectives. Works best when work is related closely to results and the impact of personal efforts is obvious. Shows an understanding of business, commerce and finance.
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You’ll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and CodeAcademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you’ll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day… like that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Click here to apply