Credit Analyst – Nedbank
Location: Midrand, Gauteng
Closing date: 20 October 2020
To assess credit risk of existing portfolio so that risk is managed and mitigated in line with the banks credit policy.
- Review existing portfolio to ensure alignment with bank’s credit policy and to identify cross-sell opportunities by gathering and analysing relevant information.
- Prepare credit applications and make recommendations based on the findings, within credit parameters.
- Achieve targets by using management information systems to measure performance.
- Support the achievement of service level agreement standards by understanding client needs, providing guidance and recommendations and responding timeously.
- Contribute to external client satisfaction by sharing knowledge and developing skills of client service team members and other stakeholders.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders by attending meetings and supporting their strategies.
- Manage risk by monitoring reports, including excess report, within expected timeframes, identifying potential risks and taking corrective action to ensure risk compliance.
- Measure compliance, identify risk and make recommendations for achieving compliance by using current information and other resources available.
- Monitor covenant’s by obtaining latest financial information, measuring compliance and reporting breaches.
- Sign off conditions of approval within required timeframes by checking the information called for.
- Verify that security is in place by gathering all required information.
- Ensure Nedbank Group Rating requirements are met, including Basel, and Moody’s, by reviewing accounts and identifying risks.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.)
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level
- Minimum 3 years experience gained in a Credit or Credit Risk role in a financial environment.
Type of Exposure
- Working with a group or independently to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Managing conflict situations
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Sharing information in different ways to increase others’ understanding
- Managing customer expectations
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Tracking actuals against targets
- Working in a team
- Working with spread sheets
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Industry specific knowledge
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Nedbank vision and strategy
- Relevant Nedbank Human Resources policies and practices
- Continuous Learning
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance
- Driving for results
- Managing Work
How to apply
Click here to apply