Data Engineer – Nedbank
Location: Port Elizabeth
• Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
•Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
•Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
•Deliver work according to customer expectations by prioritizing; planning and implementingrequirements.
•Utilize resources by adhering to standards; policies and procedures.
•Align and continuously improve set processes by identifying innovation opportunities.
•Identify and mitigate risk by executing within governance.
•Resolve incidents by logging and tracking through correct channels Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
•Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
•Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managersEnsure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
•Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
•Structure data into compliance standards by adhering to metadata governance procedures according to Nedbank documented standards and formats.
•Manage final transformed data content by complying to prescribed standards for reviewing and publishing.
•Assist/govern population of datamart and metadata repository by complying to standards; systems; processes and procedures.
•Support business units by providing consulting services that deliversdata and information relevant to their businessContribute to internal/external information sharing sessions byattending formal and informal meetings.
•Managevendor relationship interactionsby conforming to vendor managementoffice guidelines and principles.
Degree in Information Technology or Business Management, Mathematical/Statistics
- Data Management (DAMA) Certification, Certification/formal training in relevant technology
- Built and maintained stakeholder relationships
- Client and Relationship Results
- Developed and Implemented Communications Strategy
- Improved Processes and Culture
- Manage internal process
- Managed Relationships
- Managed Self
- Supported Transformation, Change and continued Improvement
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Initiating Action
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
How to apply
Click here to apply