Data Specialist – EY
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
They are currently seeking the right candidate for an excellent career opportunity. As part of Data Delivery Centre, you will help our clients navigate the complex world of modern data science and analytics. You’ll be working closely with closely working with the data analysts, audit partners and managers as well as with the core implementation team to resolve challenges and remove roadblocks that prevent data delivery. In addition, you will experience high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities
With a wide variety of clients across systems, sectors and geographies, you’ll be managing the end to end delivery for a team of data analysts as they extract, transform and load data into core digital analytical tools for the Africa Assurance business to agreed SLA targets. You’ll estimate, budget, do capacity planning and negotiate timelines for data analytics requests. You’ll also manage the relationship with clients and audit team representatives. And leading Data Delivery centre learning and sharing initiatives to leverage from the EMEIA and Global data delivery and digital solution networks. You’ll create and imbed new process and knowledge into standardized, repetitive, re-usable processes. In doing so, you’ll stay abreast of developments in EY’s digital solutions and developments in the market to be able to promote the use of these throughout the Assurance business and contribute to the EMEIA area network by sharing best practice data delivery process and solutions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proven experience with leading a team with strong project management and team management skills
- Demonstrated good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Deadline oriented
- Customer centric solution mindset
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, prioritise own and teams work
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Preferred degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience in data analytics or business data analyst and experience with leading a team
- Strong understanding of IT environments, IT security, networking and IT server architecture
- Strong working experience in one or more ERP’s e.g. SAP, Oracle, MS Navision, SAGE, etc. and associated ETL tools
- Working experience in SpotFire, PowerBi, Python and Alteryx
- Technical expertise regarding data architecture, data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Technical leadership and solutions to the data analyst team
- Experience in external audit or in a professional services firm
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated people who demonstrate a truly global mind-set and are inspired by the chance to really push boundaries and make the absolute most of every opportunity. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
Plus, they offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues dedicated to managing and varying your workload
How to apply
Click here to apply