District Manager – Shell
Closing date: 24 September 2020
The purpose of this position is to manage team of Country Territory Managers. District Managers must deliver volumetric and financial targets for his region, own at full its growth, drive it through data analysis, findings translated into actions as well as strong Non-Fuel Retailing (NFR) agenda. The ambition is to grow the Retail business, ensure growth in market share and bringing Site Equipment Essential
This position will be based in Durban.
- Own the entire relationship with Retailers holding the entire accountability in respective region
- Ensure consistent delivery of Shell’s Customer Commitment across the region through operational excellence in site operational standards incl. HSSE and Shell Business Principles
- Manage, coach and develop team of Territory Managers
- Manage teams responsible for Retailer Support and rollout of new Non-Fuel Retail formats (Shop Squad, dotted lines) with specific targets
- Develop annual business plans for respective region
- Deliver volumetric and financial targets
- Analyze performance and bridge gaps between business requirements and site profitability
- Capture, analyze and interpret data, translate data into sustainable results, provide and implement initiatives for business improvements
- Monitor performance against KPIs, understand gaps and implement adjustments
- Report up on ongoing basis performance of the region
- Own and consistently deliver the Non Fuel Retail(NFR) strategy within the Company Owned network, ensuring readiness and flawless execution of Value Add NFR program
- Develop Retailer succession plans within the Territory ensuring Retailer pipeline is in place through active participation in recruitment and selection processes, and Retailer training, including transformation agenda
- Contribute to pricing strategy in the Country Owned channel
- Contribute to performing Demand Forecast for the Dealer Owned channel, in close cooperation with sales teams and Trading &Supply
- Cooperate with other departments (Marketing, Network, Shell Fleet Solutions, T&S) and Global Pricing Team in order to maximize fuels volume and margin opportunities
- Share and learn best pricing practices
- University degree
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Very strong commercial & economic acumen
- Very strong negotiation skills
- Relationship building skills
- Team management skills
- Focus on delivery and ability to perform multitasking activities
- Open, proactive and supportive personality
- Active involvement in developing business proposals & decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrable competence in stakeholder management
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Click here to apply