Executive Assistant (SE10) – Wits University
Closing date: 25 September 2020
Provide holistic and complete secretarial service and administrative support to the University Registrar. The incumbent must be able to liaise with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, ranging from Executives within the university and beyond, Council members, management, but also display strong interpersonal skills in order to manage students, parents, and academic and support service staff effectively. Extensive Institutional knowledge will be utilized to handle queries and problems that arise, and referral of key issues to appropriate divisions is part of the daily routine
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- General Office Management including: screening of telephone calls, maintaining and ordering of office equipment, typing of minutes presentations, reports and responses to queries and complaints;
- Time management including: scheduling of appointments and meetings, arranging parking for visitors;
- Facilitate professionalism in the Registrar’s Office encompassing sourcing and reserving venues for workshops, travel arrangements for Registrar attending conferences and various projects undertaken as required;
- Business Relationship management , referrals and Public Relation Duties- reputational impact
- Minimum Diploma (NQF level 6). A Bachelor’s degree would be an advantage
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- An excellent command of English
- Reliable, efficient and accurate
- Strong computer literacy e.g. proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and E-mail.
- Strong service orientation
- Excellent communication & written skills
- Capable of working with diverse constituencies
- Ability to be empathetic
- Ability to handle pressure and conflict situations
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and professionalism at all levels.
- Must be prepared to work beyond office hours if and when required
- High levels of honesty and integrity are essential.
- Understanding of tertiary education.
- Knowledge of SIMS/University systems
How to apply
Please note that applications have to be done through iRecruitment only. No hardcopies or emails should be submitted.
External applicants are invited to apply by registering your profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located here and submitting your application, or going to the Wits website at www.wits.ac.za and clicking on “Vacancies” at the bottom of the web page.
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/ ”Apply for a job”
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.