Fraud, Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement (FIRE) : Associate – PwC
Location: Cape Town
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Investigations and Intelligence practice, within Forensic Accounting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients understand where they might have vulnerabilities and develop solutions to manage the risks involved. We prevent, respond to and remediate a wide range of business threats, risks and complex issues.
Our team helps organisations gain clarity and confidence in fraud investigations by offering our clients and their counsel strategic advice and advanced forensic technology. You’ll help to collect and analyse evidence, locate witnesses, conduct interviews, perform computer forensics, and gather intelligence.
Brief Outline/ Purpose of Job
PwC Forensics has been helping organisations deal with the issues such as fraud, corruption and dishonesty, both in proactive and reactive situations. Our Forensics Cape Town team have assisted organisations to manage these issues and focus on outcomes that address reputation protection, asset recovery and prevention.
PwC Forensics Cape Town provides first-hand experiences in assisting clients with serious business needs. We have developed methodologies and strategies that help clients handle difficult circumstances.
We are seeking for ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of our dynamic team in the Cape Town.
- Your role as an Associate will focus on the delivery of client engagements, understand expectations set and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping own performance on track, understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of team and the business and demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development. You will be required to work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
In this role, you will build relationships and exercise your communication skills in order to positively influence your peers and other stakeholders. You will commit to personal learning and development by actively seeking opportunities for growth, you will share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador.
- Investigate matters relating to economic crime, i.e. allegations of fraud, corruption and/or irregularities including, document review, research, quality control, and perform accounting, economic, and financial statement analysis within established timeframes and budgets allocated;
- Analyse, summarise and draft findings and reports in a clear, logical, and concise manner with appendices;
- Assist in conducting integrity due diligence reviews using various local and international online public sources and databases;
- Support the team on a variety of tasks in connection with project execution, and communicate with clients and other sources for the purpose of obtaining relevant information and documentation;
- Assist in business development initiatives;
- Maintain the highest degree of professional standards; and
- Build strong internal and client relationships.
Key Competencies and Attributes
Essential competencies and attributes:
- Self-starter and motivated
- Detailed-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Stress management skills
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Innovative and creative mind-set
- Open-minded, practical and agile with change
- Proactive and deadline driven approach
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Conflict resolution skills
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in Forensic Accounting, Accounting, Internal Audit, Business Management or related field.
- The successful candidate should or will be studying towards attaining the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification.
- 1 to 2 years work experience in a forensic services environment will be advantageous.
- Sound business acumen and a good understanding of risks and controls.
- Knowledge of data analytics.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing to travel and work overtime.
Please attach full/latest academic transcript as well as all matric and university certificates obtained.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Bachelor Degree – Accounting and Auditing
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
How to apply
click here for more information