Marketing International Internship – Distell
Closing date: 15 January 2020
Distell offers an exciting opportunity to a suitable candidate in our Marketing International Department. This position will be part of the International Marketing team, based at Distell, Stellenbosch. The successful candidate will report to the Marketing Manager Commercial Wines and Marketing Manager Amarula.
Purpose Of The Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their final year of study and require in-service work exposure in order to obtain their qualification and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 April 2020 and terminating 31 March 2021.
Key Learning Areas Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Relationship building;
- Budget management;
- Product development and innovation;
- Market research;
- Market / Consumer intelligence and analysis;
- Brand planning, guardrails and toolkits;
- General administrative assistance.
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification or in final year of study: E.g Degree in Finance, Marketing, or any other relevant qualification.
- Excellent academic record;
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Willingness to learn and make a difference; a can-do attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team and with cross functional groups within the business unit;
- Project management and presentation skills.
- Results and goal orientated;
- Effective time management, able to meet deadlines;
- Candidate required to work collaboratively across two brands and multiple disciplines
- Individual to demonstrate maturity, independence and ability to be proactive
- Must be prepared to work outside of normal working hours for international business and meeting requirements
- Driver’s License and own transport is essential;
- South African citizen;
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.