Merit Field Investigator – Santam
Location: Auckland Park, Johannesburg
What will you do?
Santam’s Merit Claims department has positions available for a Merit Field Investigator specialising in vehicle theft claims. The role is based in Auckland Park, Gauteng.
Merit Field Investigator will ensure that all flagged and segmented claims are comprehensively investigated to achieve conclusive results. The successful incumbent will maintain credibility by ensuring that all investigations are conducted in accordance with the Santam Claims Policy and Philosophy and Standard Operating Procedures and appropriate forensic investigation practices.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Handling of disputes that could arise between Motor merit field and intermediaries and / or claimants.
- Investigate and collate information on flagged claims.
- Conduct a field investigation on the claim.
- Review the claims documents and photos to validate the claim.
- Handle claim queries within the agreed service levels.
- Handle customers effectively and fairly in line with TCF.
- Finalisation of completed investigations within the agreed turnaround times.
- Regular liaison with management and staff at all levels of the company regarding high risk claims escalated/ flagged.
- Consultation with clients, Third parties, Business and Business Partners on a continuous basis regarding fraud and irregularities.
- Regular liaison with counterparts at other insurers.
- Regular liaison with Santam Forensic Services.
- Maintaining relationships with external resources as part collaboration, source of information and investigation purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric / Grade 12
- Minimum 3 years’ vehicle theft
- 2-3 years’ short term claims experience
- Strong experience of motor claims investigations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Investigative skills
- Strong analytical abilities to evaluate trends objectively
- Claims settlement of a complex nature
- Excellent customer service skills and proven experience
- Motor and Quality management insurance knowledge
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
CLOSING DATE: 22 February 2021
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
How to apply
Click here to apply