Programme Coordinator – University Of Witwatersrand
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing date: 05 June 2020
The SoAP is seeking a suitably qualified person with background in Architecture, Planning or both, to serve in the post of Programme Coordinator. Preference will be given to EE candidates. Preference will be given to appointable internal candidates.
The SoAP is specifically looking to recruit a person who can carry out the following responsibilities:
(1) Support the day-to-day operations of the Head of School’s office (HoS), including scheduling of meetings, editing, handling communication both internal to the school and externally, as well as other responsibilities the post may require.
(2) Perform necessary administrative duties enabling the office of the Head of School to run optimally.
(3) Assist the Head of School in coordinating research and publications in the School, leading up to WITS at 100 in 2022. Edit, review, co-author papers for a peer-reviewed journal.
(4) Work between the disciplines of architecture and planning to establish linkages through shared courses, and a collaborative approach to focusing innovation and research offerings in the School.
(5) Request information on publications for academic staff and assist with new programmes development in the school.
(6) Assist HoS in developing an international journal in architecture and planning and be able to serve as the Associate Editor for peer reviewed papers.
(7) Administer and coordinate research programmes for the HoS, and assist with teaching duties when needed.
(8) Promote public outreach and coordinate marketing of the school through events, management of the School’s website and social media, and design, manage, update and maintain the School’s website and social media network.
(9) Develop, maintain and manage communication with the school’s alumni and professional bodies, to expand the School’s presence in the city, the continent, and the world.
(10) Coordinate fundraising events, exhibitions, and be responsible for logistics and ensuring compliance.
(11) Seek strategic industry partnerships, assist with fundraising for establishing an endowment fund that can support SOAP’s mission and identify opportunities for third-stream income.
· A minimum of Bachelor of Architectural Studies (Honours) or Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (Honours) in Architecture or Planning, or both, with demonstrable publication in a national and international journal is essential. Experience in editorial work and lecturing required. A minimum of 4 years of related experience is essential.
· Masters in architecture or in urban and regional planning or urban studies, M.Arch (Prof) / MUS /MUD is desirable. The appointment will depend upon qualifications, extent of experience and level of professional standing.
· Knowledge of the University and the University’s Policies and Procedures is a strong advantage.
· Ability to devise and implement workable procedures.
· High level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
· Strong accountability and self-motivated.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to be diplomatic, and remain calm under pressure.
· Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
· Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with staff and students.
· Attention to detail and a strong ability to prioritize tasks.
How to apply
Click here to apply