PROGRAMMER/DEVELOPER OBJECT ORIENTATED – Sanlam
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
- Develop and maintain innovative solutions to meet business and integration requirements.
- Provide technical support to the business relating to in house developed applications and integration processes.
- Participate in every aspect of the system development life cycle.
- Assist in the design of applications and processes.
- Develop and maintain integration between required systems.
- Ability to write quality technical specifications.
- Develop innovative solutions using SanFin approved coding languages and operating systems
- Understand and implement SanFin software development life cycle
- Maintain coding standards
- Maintain existing applications/processes
- Provide support to production applications/processes
- Keep abreast with latest technologies relevant to SanFin.
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Visual Studio 2017
- SQL SERVER 2016
- Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Visual Studio 2017
- Good knowledge of:
- Windows Servers
- Unix/Sun Solaris
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must work well under pressure
- Minimum 5 years development experience
- Financial Markets experience will be an advantage
- Understanding of Credit Risk Business will be an advantage
- Murex Exchange (MxML) integration development will be an advantage
- Ability to quality assure software development code
- Working experience in Agile and DevOps environment will be advantageous
- JAVA will be an advantage
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
How to apply
Click here to login and apply