Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact – Nedbank
Closing date: 22 May 2020
To create and compile management and strategic reporting; that aligns to the strategic intent; through qualitative and quantitative research and analysis; and synthesis of insights into recommendations that enable sound business decisions; as per Nedbank business strategy.
Within the Strategy & Insights team, we conceptualise and drive business strategy through an analytical, insights driven approach to problem identification and solution. Furthermore, we continue to add downstream value to the organisation through the execution of complex projects and programmes.
The team is constantly seeking out new methods of work through evaluating current practices and challenging conventional wisdom.
Within the team, there are multiple opportunities for learning, exposure to new ideas and work experience in diverse fields of inquiry. The team culture, albeit firmly rooted in achievement is also fun and collaborative.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Produce targeted reports/presentations that summarise findings and recommendations in order to inform senior management decision-making by collecting and analysing data timeously.
- Solve customer needs and drive the strategy for the business by analysing and interpreting data on strategic issues and business-related challenges faced by Nedbank.
- Research and analyse queries by consulting with different stakeholders across Nedbank to deliver timeous and accurate resolutions.
- Identify various stakeholder requirements and collaborate across divisions in order to achieve common purpose.
- Assist in the creation; maintenance and coordination of team effectiveness and disciplines through collaboration with stakeholders to enhance the actions and appropriateness of execution.
- Respond timeously and professionally to a variety of adhoc business requests that have an impact across the division and organization.
- Minimize risk and enhance customer satisfaction by developing embedded reporting processes and ensuring they are aligned with Nedbank standards.
- Obtain Nedbank goals and objectives and deliver within the budget by driving processes to continuously improve internal customer satisfaction within the organization.
- Report and present effectively the key findings in an appropriate way to the audience for them to execute decisions according to regulations and legislation.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Analytical and Strategic environment
- SAS Enterprise Miner and SQL experience would be advantageous
- Advanced Diploma / National 1st Degree
- Master in Business Administration , Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees is preferred
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Drafting reports
- Managing conflict situations
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Brainstorming ways of improving a product or situation.
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or people’s understanding
- Communicating standards to others
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Conducting a needs analysis
- Writing business proposals
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Business writing
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Research methodology
- Decision-making process
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Governance, risk and controls
- Regulatory knowledge
- Banking knowledge
How to apply
Click here to apply