Scholars development office – Allan Gray Orbis Foundation
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing date: 25 October 2020
Purpose of Role
As part of fostering a culture of entrepreneurship among the country’s youth in order to reduce the high levels of unemployment; the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation (the Foundation) seeks to foster a community of responsible, high impact entrepreneurs in order to achieve an equitable South Africa flourishing with meaningful employment.
We are searching for a dynamic individual to join the Scholarship Team. The Candidate will be responsible for facilitating and implementing the Scholars’ Development Programme. Raises awareness regarding the scholarship opportunity; communicates with placement schools and assists in Scholar selection.
Objectives of Role
- Visit schools and meet with career guidance teachers
- Identifies, prioritises and attends national career guidance events and networks with
subject matter experts
- Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with stakeholders and custodians
- Gather relevant information on curriculum
- Deliver presentations to targeted audience and ensures that essential messages are
- Document outputs of all interactions relation to career counselling, analyses, results and
- Conduct career discussions with scholars
- Conduct need analyses on individual Scholar and identified Fellows’ requirements for
preparation for next phase.
- Complete school visit reports and contact sheets
- Assess and moderate application forms
- Conduct interviews with short-listed applicants
- Assess candidate at selection camp
- Analyse and reports on the performance of Allan Gray scholars
- Provide content input into workshop and contact session materials
- Conduct contact sessions with both groups and individuals
- Prepare individual scholar reports
- Conduct Memorandum of Agreement discussions with individual scholars and custodians
- Ensure scholars are effectively integrated into high school environment
- Provide input on the short-list of applicants for placement recommendation
- Ensure that custodians fully understand and support the Scholarship
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree (compulsory).
- 5 years related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license. Have own car.
- Experience in working with youth and/or within the education environment an advantage. Willingness to travel extensively
- Experience in Entrepreneurial activity with the youth, ages 12-18 years
- Identification with the Foundation’s Vision, Mission and Ethos
- Analytical thinking
- Building partnerships/relationships
- Embracing an entrepreneurial mindset
- Service Excellence
- Team work
How to apply
Click here to apply