Senior SHE Manager – Anglo American
Closing date: 05 December 2020
As a Senior SHE Manager, you will be responsible for special safety, health & business continuity related initiatives and projects which could also include innovation and pilot projects for the business unit.
- Design and implement a Mental Wellness Program (Clinical Psychology services) and develop a human factor analysis framework to understand proficiency gaps within the discipline
- Design Gender Based Violence intervention programs and manage Safety & Health functional staff including the implementation of People Development Plans
- Manage the site Safety & Health function including budget preparation, cost control, staff capability and performance assessments etc
- Provide risk based operational input to the operational Safety & Health plan to ensure key focus areas address major risks, audit results, and learning from Incidents
- Drive the improvement of Group wide Safety capability by identifying and prioritising the key human factors required to successfully implement leading world class Safety practice
This role is at our Johannesburg Corporate Office, at a Band 5 level reporting to the Head Safety and Health.
- Degree (NQF Level 6) in Safety, Health and or Human Factors (or Psychology) combined with practical experience
- Registration with a Health Professions Council of South Africa HPCSA – (advantageous)
- 5 years Safety, Health or Environmental experience at a managerial level
- Project Management experience
- Proficient in embedding sustainable practice into processes within area and make explicit links between sustainable practice and commercial benefit
- Extensive SAP system experience