Specialist: Commercial – Vodacom
Location: Ekurhuleni, Gauteng
The H Band Specialist: Commercial role is based in the Enterprise Business Unit
The purpose of the Specialist: Commercial role is to lead, manage and develop commercial proposals whilst structuring and managing pricing and commercial negotiations for complex, managed service and global connectivity opportunities in a timely manner whilst creating new and innovative commercial propositions by ensuring customer needs are addressed as well as Vodacom’s key financial requirements considered.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Development of Vodacom pricing strategy based on a keen understanding of the company’s capabilities, positioning and market dynamics.
- Development of standardised pricing models, processes and assumptions to deliver on profitability targets, whilst enabling the sales teams to compete effectively in the market.
- Develop practical commercial solutions, and guide pricing analysts in doing so, in collaboration with sales, bid management, service and finance to meet customer requirements.
Key performance indicators:
- Swift analysis of information and articulation of the results to key stakeholders
- Ownership of process documentation and communication of, as well as ensuring best practice is applied to pricing methodologies and operations
Direct reports: No
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Proven track record of developing commercial & pricing strategies
- Proven track record of managing and developing staff
- Proven experience in customer facing environment, with ability to clearly articulate commercial impacts of actions and decisions
- Strong analytical decision making skills, including the ability to balance conflicting interests and make decisions based on incomplete or unreliable information
- Ability to establish networks with individuals in all functions and to influence and coach stakeholders with logical, rational analysis and clear explanations.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Matric Certificate essential
- Relevant financial / managerial tertiary qualification essential, e. g. CA(SA), ACMA, MBA
- Understanding of ITIL Standards and principles desirable
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
Closing date for applications: Friday, 24 April 2020
The base location for this role is Commercial Park, Midrand.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion