Systems Specialist – Nedbank
Closing Date: 02 April 2020
To build management foundation and to deliver operational excellence and productivity through a team of team leaders and technology managers
- Create a simplified low cost IT operating platform.
- Deliver promised results through ensuring that plans are approved and accepted.
- Manage resources in executing and achieving business strategy and associated metrics.
- Optimise value add through identifying and managing risks arising from own department.
- Support standardised delivery processes by ensuring business area comply with standards, policy and regulatory requirements.
- Improve delivery capabilities and capacity. Improve productivity and smooth day-to-day operations.
- Make quality and timeous decisions.
- Deliver best practice services, meet and exceed client expectations in support of strengthened business IT collaboration.
- Monitor and manage client, service providers, partners and other stakeholder expectations.
- Support improved delivery capabilities.
- Ensure integrity in actions through building trust and respect.
- Ensure communication and building relationship networks upwards, downwards, sideways and outwards.
- Ensure direct reports understand and support Nedbank’s vision, values and strategy.
- Contribute to team effectiveness by participating in the recruitment and selection of senior staff.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Ensure issues raised in culture survey are addressed and results are improved.
- Deliver a worldclass service by ensuring a client centric culture.
- Manage performance of direct reports and hold them accountable for managing the performance of their direct reports by implementing performance agreements and ensuring a clear vision.
- Share knowledge and insight with team members and management.
- Create an environment whereby self, managers and team are encouraged to challenge the status quo by initiating constructive debates about work practices and areas for improvement. Improve work processes, productivity and reduce costs.
- Ensure proper financing of the function.
- Ensure that planned projects and deliverables for the year are achieved within planned budget.
- Contribute in creating a low cost IT operating platform.
- Contribute in improving time to market.
- Ensure improved delivery capabilities and capacity.
- Ensure transformational target are met. Achieve business optimisation.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Role Relevant Tertiary Qualification
Type of Exposure
- Built and maintained stakeholder relationships
- Delivered compliance risk management programmes and advice
- Designed Workforce Planning Solutions
- Developed and Implemented Communications Strategy
- Improved Human Resources Business Processes
- Improved transformation and culture
- Managed Leadership and Learning Results
- Managed Management and Process Results
- Managed Stakeholder / Client Relationships
- Supported Transformation, Change and continued Improvement
Minimum Experience Level
Relevant product, process and IT knowledge (5 years)
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Organisational behaviour theory
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Stakeholder management
- Strategic planning
- Talent management
- Business writing skills
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
- Client Service Management
- Building Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Facilitating Change
- Inspiring others
- Business Acumen
- Building Organizational Talent
- Compelling Communication