Technology Support Administrator
Closing date: 24 February 2020
What you’ll do
Provide an office administrative and Secretarial service to the Technology Support Unit according to specified requirements and sound secretarial practice, in line with the requirements of the specific business unit. Achieve results through individual contribution and effort. Self-responsibility and delivery are required to earn credibility from the team members. Utilises company resources responsibly, has a strong commitment to our company purpose, ambition and values and displays safe productive work practices. Administers Technology Support Product inspections and Call-outs on the mines of the De Beers Group. Confidentiality is a critical attribute of this role and a basic requirement for a successful incumbent in this role.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Business, Financial and Technical results
Delivery of work should be undertaken and delivered within defined standards. A need to apply cost awareness and control in carrying out related activities and tasks. Administration of the business unit Cost Centre and Profit centre by undertaking cost reconciliation on a monthly basis and ensuring correct budget allocations and charging out to other units where relevant. Liaise with the Technology Support Manager regarding updates and deviations.
- Leadership and Growth results
Supporting and living company values and goals. Development of self to improve efficiency. New ways of doing existing work for continuous improvement. Being pro-active in carrying out work. Being diligent and thorough in all outputs.
- Management Results
Plan, organise, control and review own work. Adhere to practice, standards, procedures and methods of delivering work as per De Beers standards. Problem solving and decision making of related work area. Data collection, control and reporting of specific work as per business unit requirements. Policies and standards compliance.
- Customer and Relationship Results
Working relationships with customers (internal and external). Internal knowledge sharing and networking within team. Team effectiveness. Internal Office administration to all the related areas within the business unit i.e. HR, Finance etc.
What we’re looking for
- Evidence of proficiency in Office administration (filing systems, planning and organising, accurate typing skills, calendar management, prioritising and juggling multiple tasks).
- People Interaction and Customer Service (Sound interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, self-presentation to external clients, conflict resolution, ability to interface successfully in a diverse team, good work ethics and ability to engage in a multidisciplinary team).
- Advanced Computer Skills with demonstrable proficiency in MS Office packages and other relevant packages used within De Beers i.e. SAP, CATS, including Travel Management, CS Job Carding System, Invoicing, Purchase Requisitions and eB.
- Provide visible safety leadership in the course of all tasks executed.
- Business acumen, planning, coordinating and prioritizing, problem solving.
- Effective communication skills in English (written and verbal). Capturing of minutes, memos and reports when required.
- Bookings for meetings, security escorts, medicals, inductions, accommodation and travelling arrangements. Arrangements of various permits, visas and police clearances.
- Collection and submission of weekend labour forms.
- Ordering and management of office consumables and PPE.
- Self-starter and requires minimum supervision.
- Organising skillsinclusive of event organising, focusing on attention to detail, accuracy, creativity and cost efficiencies.
- Adaptable and Flexible with the ability to work in changing circumstances, with different professionals, and multiple/varied tasks. An ability to apply discretion and treat appropriate information with the necessary confidentiality required. Performing at different / varying hours dependent on tasks.
- Business Knowledge inclusive of above average knowledge of DebTech business and people within the De Beers Group
- Basic knowledge with respect to DebTech products would be advantageous
- Relevant Office Administration / Secretarial Diploma and / or equivalent qualification.
- Ten years relevant secretarial, travel and business administrative experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
Who we are
De Beers Group is a member of the Anglo American plc group. Established in 1888, De Beers Group is the world’s leading diamond company with expertise in the exploration, mining and marketing of diamonds. Together with its joint venture partners, De Beers Group employs more than 20,000 people across the diamond pipeline and is the world’s largest diamond producer by value, with mining operations in Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa. As part of the company’s operating philosophy, the people of De Beers Group are committed to ‘Building Forever’ by making a lasting contribution to the communities in which they live and work and transforming natural resources into shared national wealth.
For further information about De Beers Group please visit: https://www.debeersgroup.com/
What we offer
When you join De Beers Group, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
We take the safety of our employees very seriously and as a company we demonstrate the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.