Trainee Buyer – mrpsport
Learn to supervision, plan, source and execute an appealing product assortment (style, quantity and quality) , of distinctive value, at the best price, aligned to the Company’s strategic objectives, which delights our customers in order to maximize sales and net profit. Effectively manage product life cycle in order to ensure that the right product is available in stores at the right time.
- Learn to analyse customer purchasing trends in the current season as well as in the previous season, in order to maximize sales in the current season and to apply learnings of previous seasons into the next seasonal strategy
Trend & Competitor Research:
- Learn to conduct trend and competitor analysis both locally and internationally in order to monitor market changes, competitor pricing, products and trends, to ensure that we delight our customers with wanted on trend product at the right price
- Learn to create a seasonal strategy in collaboration with planning, in order to plan the product assortment, spend allocation, supplier plan and marketing focus for the season so as to achieve the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Learn to prepare and present for approval a well -considered product assortment according to the approved seasonal strategy which will delight our customers with wanted product at the right value
Execution of Product Assortment:
- Learn to book and execute the approved product assortment in line with the approved budget and quality standards, either with resourcing, agent/s or independently. Ensure that product is delivered in store at the right time and is displayed in a visually appealing manner, in order to drive sales and net profit.
- Grade 12
- Diploma or Degree: Retail Management and /or Fashion Design
- Manufacturing experience (advantageous).
- Retail experience (advantageous).
- Knowledge of Sport Apparel, Garment Construction, Quality Standards & Fabrications.
- Mathematics skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Commercial acumen.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; sheetstreet and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
How to apply
Click here to sign in and apply