Nedbank is seeking a Web Editor who will be responsible for web content creation and SEO optimisation for diverse portfolios across the Nedbank Group of digital properties. The scope of this job includes SEO optimisation across online group sites, microsites, apps, etc. , web copy production and various CMS updates.
The Web Editor will help maintain and optimise a large organisation-wide editorial schedule that feeds into the content production team. S/he will be able to translate various content requirements into a consolidated continuously updated web content plan that feeds into the organisations business value drivers, goals and that effectively aids the Group Web Content Manager in allocating the adequate resources into completing content goals.
The Web Editor will have strong SEO optimisation, analytics and reporting experience, working on prominent brands and can display this in a portfolio of stories they have told. The individual will have experience in writing for and maintaining blogs, constantly seeking new, relevant and engaging content for online audiences. S/he will be able to brief other production staff on web requirements as well as keep track of SEO rankings and performance.
S/he will have a deep understanding of Content Management Systems and how to transfer, upload and share files.
The Web Editor is able to contribute to the User Experience of the Customer Journey by producing compelling copy that tells great stories as well as generating innovative ideas that move the organisation forward.
- SEO optimised copy creation across all online platforms including web and app
- Intensive SEO optimisation and reporting on web properties
- Regular maintenance of an editorial web schedule
- Editor of Blog
- Research and ideate on engaging content
- Briefing suppliers and internal creative staff
- Regular audit and maintenance of all copy across all Nedbank Platforms
- Boosting the performance of online content on owned platforms
- Liaison with various businesses across the organisation regarding content production requirements
- Maintaining web content, images, files etc. through our CMS Platform
- Constant improvement and optimisation of content creation processes and workflows for the organisation
- Analytics and reporting of content performance on our online platforms
- Being proactive: constantly recommending website performance improvements and innovations
- Stay abreast of latest content production trends
- Provide input into the UX of the organisation’s online properties
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Diploma / Degree in Communications / Journalism or related
Type of Exposure
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem.
- Collecting HR data Completing various administrative duties (e.g.; answering phones; making copies; filing)
- Managing conflict situations
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Business writing and proof reading
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing customer expectations
- Interacting with diverse people
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Working in a team
Minimum Experience Level
- 4+ years of experience in writing and editing web content
- 4+ years of Solid SEO experience
- Knowledge of CMS platforms e.g. Joomla, WordPress, etc.
- Financial sector experience preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
How to apply
Click here to apply