Writer – Superbalist
Location: Cape Town
Purpose of the Role:
Write creative copy for Superbalist’s daily, multichannel copy requirements and support the Editor in taking ownership of allocated department’s copy conceptualization, execution and implementation.
The primary functions and deliverables of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Writing short-form and long-form copy for Superbalist’s department pages, seasonal campaigns, daily marketing material, promotions and daily editorial needs.
- Conceptualising, executing and implementing sponsored content ad hoc.
- Customising consumer communications according to the tone of the departments, campaign objectives and consumer insights.
- Copy editing content throughout the Superbalist website and promotional channels, in line with the Superbalist Style Guide.
- Working to tight deadlines, in line with content, production and marketing calendars.
- Creating copy to sell individual products, identifying the unique attractiveness of products to the Superbalist customer.
- Pitching ideas and content according to observed consumer behaviour, tracked industry trends and popular culture relevant to Superbalist.
- A tertiary degree/diploma.
- 1-2 years’ work experience.
- An enjoyment of short-form and long-form copy.
- Ability to meet simultaneous deadlines efficiently.
- Genuine interest in local and international fashion and beauty news, design, product and innovations.
- Ability to research and identify trends, conceptualise story angles, source images from photo libraries and package all elements into one complete feature quickly.
- Proactive communication and collaboration.
- Efficient multitasker.
- The ability to think and act independently in a fast-paced environment.
- A good level of focus, enabling work without distraction.
- Penchant and talent for storytelling and a passion for popular culture and style.
- Ability to understand what does and doesn’t work and to quickly adapt accordingly.
- The ability to work within a large team.
- Track trends in the market at large and in Superbalist shopper behaviour.
- A detail-oriented personality.
- An interest in consumer behaviour, insights and their application.
How to apply
Click here to apply